Mill Creek is excited to respond to our communities’ needs with radical hospitality. We want to bless our friends and neighbors by opening our building to host in-person study areas for Grades K-8th. Like Jesus who welcomed and served children and like other historical churches who demonstrated sacrifice and service in the face of plagues, we are inspired to do the same.
We are committed to providing an environment that is:
- Safe: It is crucial that we prioritize the safety of all children. All supervisors and helpers will be properly screened, trained, and follow our existing children’s ministry guidelines.
- Clean: We will ensure that we take the appropriate precautions to guard against COVID-19 by providing thorough cleaning to our building each day. We also commit to being more cautious with students by ensuring our space ratios are better than recommended guidelines.
- Supervised: While we are not prepared to provide teachers and teaching, we can provide a study hall environment in which students can work on their assignments and ask for help.
- What days and times will this study hall be open? Monday-Friday for 7 hour shifts (7:30am-2:30pm, 8:30am-3:30pm; 9:30am-4:30pm) starting September 8th.
- What grades are welcome? Students: K-8th
- Who is invited to apply? All are invited to apply, but we especially want to help those families who are most significantly impacted by virtual schooling
- What will students eat and drink? Students will be asked to bring snacks, lunch, and water bottles.
- Will you require temperature checks, social distancing, frequent hand-washing, and mask-wearing for everyone? Yes
- How much will this program cost? Free
- What’s the catch? No catch. We love Jesus and it is our belief in Jesus, that motivates us to want to serve families! Please understand that we are excited to share about Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection for a few moments every day.
- If I have other questions, who do I ask? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org