Operation Christmas Child collects shoeboxes filled with gifts and delivers them to children in need around the world. Every one of the shoebox gifts is an opportunity for the Gospel. Samaritan's Purse delivers these gifts all over the world and includes literature about the Gospel. Many shoebox recipients also enroll in a 12-lesson follow-up discipleship program called "The Greatest Journey". A couple of ways to give a shoebox: Go online to https://www.samaritanspurse.org/ and click on "Shoebox Season is Here-Start Packing".
Another way is to fill your own shoebox or grab a shoebox from the church, and deliver the shoebox to Mill Creek Community Church the traditional way or at curbside.
Drop-off days and times:
- Monday, November 14 from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 15 from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 16 from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 17 from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 18 from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 19 from 10:00 - noon
- Sunday, November 20 from 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 21 from 10:00 - noon
We also need volunteers to work during the collection week, so if you would like to help please register for one of the above dates, please keep reading!
Volunteers should contact Crystal Petty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913.961.3274, leave name and contact information (phone number and email address) or notify MCCC. Once we have your information, we can set up a work schedule and contact you to confirm the date/time.
Frequently asked questions